Electricity... the future
Our concerns will only grow more serious. NERSA, the National Energy Regulator of South Africa has approved significant price increases for Eskom during the period 2010/11 to 2012/13. Here is the full NERSA Media statement as a pdf.
POWERGUARD is a sustainable and practical solution that will drastically improve the consumption and peak demand profile of power usage. Peak demand can be significantly reduced without affecting the daily activities.
POWERGUARD is a patented product with the following features:
- Effectively manages peak demand to achieve material improvements in demand curve and load factor.
- Solid state therefore extremely reliable.
- Independent does not need any control mechanism to effectively operate.
- Safe design and production specification adheres to relevant standards.
- Easy to install, retro fitment is easy.
- Virtually invisible operation will not impede daily household activities.
- Competitively priced similarly priced to many products with reduced features.
Who are we?
Powerguard is now marketed exclusively by PowerOptimal.
Johan Theron is the Technical Director and Stefan Swanepoel the Managing Director of Powerguard.
Powerguard products are designed by Johan Theron of Crane Electronics, a specialised electronics design and development company with more than 35 years experience in the design and manufacturing of high quality specialised electronics.
Stefan Swanepoel is the principal consultant for Directrix Risk Services, an actuarial and corporate risk management consultancy, specialising in the pricing, financing and control of risks. He has more than 13 year's experience in this field and currently consults to many of the largest South African companies as well as many large international corporates.
Why pick us?
Clients of Crane Electronics include Harmony Mining, Anglo American, CSIR, SENTEC, the SABC and others in the audio/visual industry. To date, Crane has carved out a reputation resulting from high quality, reliable and robust products and excellent after-sales service.
Clients of Stefan Swanepoel include Santam, Boeing, Nedbank, Goldfields, Amplats, Anglo American pic, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company, Anglo Gold Ashanti, Mondi and Eskom